Sorry about the World Series, bro.
But was that the Detroit Tigers or the Lemoore Tigers?
When I think of playing baseball in high school, here's how the typical opponents at bat went:
- Opposing batter hits a ground ball to our shortstop.
- Shortstop throws to first, but throw is in the dirt.
- First baseman cannot field the throw, ball goes back to the fence.
- Batter, already safe at first, rounds second and heads toward third.
- Right fielder gets the passed ball, tries to throw runner out at third.
- The throw is way off target, heads into left field.
- Runner heads home and scores.
- Tigers 0, Opponents 1.
(Repeat steps 1-8 for 7 innings, head to bus to make Mike Schmidt jokes)
That's about what the Detroit Tigers looked like. Not to kick you when you're down, but that was the worst played baseball I've seen since...since...since, well since the Cardinals beat the Padres a few weeks ago. The shitty play is amplified when suddenly the formerly shitty Cardinals can suddenly do no wrong and look like the most professional team to ever put on a uniform.
What I'm trying to say is, I feel your pain. Welcome to my hell.