10.05.2006

Torture

This should be banned under the Geneva Conventions.

The Padres are killig me. This is embarassing to watch. In 1996, we made the playoffs, only to be swept by the Cardinals. Last year same thing. Out postseason record against the Cardinals stood at 0-6. So of course, this year, we get to play the fucking Cardinals.

I was shocked to see some people acdtually pick the Padres to win this series. Yeah, the Cardinals have been pretty bad this year and almost ended the year with a historic collapse, but they are still the Cardinals and we are still the Padres. Yes, I know the players are all different, so it shouldn't matter, yet it does.

It doesn't help that we, and as a sports fan I am allowed to use "we" instead of "the Padres", play like liquid shit when we face the Cards. The fact that with a runner on base Albert Pujols sees even one pitch in the strike zone defies comprehension. Yet, again and again, he does. We can't hit, especially in th clutch, and mental mistakes in the field are killing us.

Right now, we're down 2-0 in the middle of the 7th, yet even in the fifth inning it feet like an impossible task. It might as well be 15-0.

On top of this, I get to listen to Chris Berman call the game, which is a whole other circle of hell. When I was in high school, I thought Berman was the shit. Now I think he is a steaming pile of shit. Tuesday, referring to a curveball, he said the pitcher "literally pulled the string." Today he says that the Padres are "appealing to a higher power...literally." Chris Berman is literally a jackass.

I took 3 hours of vacation for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment