10.16.2006

The NFL's Campaign To Make Me Hate Football

NFL, I want to like you, I really do, but you are going out of your way to make me hate you. Let me count the ways.

1. Tony Kornheiser.

2. Joe Theismann.

3. Mike Tirico.

4. Chris Berman.

5. Michael Freakin' Irving.

6. John Madden.

7. Al Michaels.

8. Halftimes featuring world premeire of Jay-Z videos.

9. Jay-Z Beer Commercials.

10. That Pink song that starts Sunday Night football on NBC.

11. That robot thing "warming up" graphic on Fox. Am I six years old?

12. That commercial that depicts LaDanian Tomlinson throwing a touchdown pass in high school (a. LaDanian's team is about twice as big as their opponents, making me root for the opponents b. The thuggish posing after said pass) .

13. East Coast bias.

14. Eagles fans.

15. Steelers fans.

16. Raiders fans.

17. NFL Soap Operas (Terrell owens, etc)

18. Pretending the Bears are the greatest team of all time already.

19. The Chargers not always wearing their throwbacks.

20. Brett Favre fetishization.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh....I love Kornheiser and that LT commercial.

    ReplyDelete