11.15.2005

Did Osama Win?

Republicans hate Democrats. Democrats hate Republicans. Red States hate Blue States and Blue States hate Red States. The U.S. hates everybody. Everybody hates the U.S. We invade a country and make more people hate us. We torture people and even more people hate us. You’re either with us or you’re against us.

Think about it for a second. Did Osama win? Isn’t this exactly how he would want it?

Domestically, there’s nothing that can be done. I will never agree with a religious fundamentalist and they will never agree with me. Someone who is adamantly against universal health care and me will never see eye to eye. It’s always been that way. But something’s changed. Disagreements are vicious in their intensity now. It reminds me of Needful Things.

I can’t help but think Osama may be our Leland Gaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment