1.07.2008

The Wire Is Not The Greatest Show Ever

But, yeah, it is very, very good. I'm just done with all the fanboy hype over it. All of the "best show ever talk" has actually influenced the way I watch the show. Instead of enjoying a show I really like, I'm looking for chinks in its armor so Matthew Yglesias will shut up about it. Quit ruining this for me , Matt. Yes, great show (Obama agrees!). No, not best ever. I think the people who say so just do it to set themselves apart from the "Sopranos is the greatest show ever" crowd.

Also, why is Big Love not talked about more? That's some quality TV right there. Never thought I'd take Bill Paxton seriously after Twister, but watching this guy you want to like continually dig himself in a hole is pretty damn riveting.

No comments:

Post a Comment