10.03.2007

Dear Old Spice

I know it sucks to be pigeonholed. Take James Gandolfini, for example. No matter how hard he tries, or what type of roles he takes, he will always be Tony Soprano. And Mark Wahlburg. He could win 20 Oscars, and people are always gonna say, "is that the movie with Marky Mark in it?" Is this fair? No. But it's life.

What I'm trying to say to you, Old Spice, is that you are never going to be hip. People are always going to associate you with their dad/grandpa. That's just they way it is. And really, is that so bad? You pretty much dominate that particular market niche. You are the Microsoft of the old man cologne product line. I'm sure there must be money and a certain level of comfort there, so why keep trying to be something else? And why would you want to be associated in any way, shape, or form with a noxious abomination like Axe Body Spray?

So, I beg you, Old Spice, stop trying to be "edgy". Because when I sit down in a diner, open up a magazine to read, the last thing I want to see is this:

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Sincerely,

Jerry

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15:22

    OMG! That is just too much!! Who the hell thought that one up is what I want to know!

    Were you still able to eat? I would have chucked all over the place... blah!!!

    Em

    ReplyDelete