12.22.2007

My Emo Moment

I'm moving back to San Diego.

I moved to Sacramento a little over three years ago with a plan. See, I was working for the State of California down there, but I was in a pretty low paying job. There are not a lot of state jobs down there, so I decided I would move up to Sacramento, and try to work my way up the state ladder. When I was in a position I liked, I would try to transfer back to San Diego and and settle down for good. And that time has finally come.

Except, it's not going to be as easy as I thought.

See, I did live up in Sacramento for about six months in 2002. It turned out to be one of the low points in my life. All the shit I went through over the preceding five years finally hit me like a ton of bricks. I won't go into detail except to say that it thoroughly sucked and the city of Sacramento became the scapegoat for all my problems. When I left, I swore to never come back.

Except, of course, I did.

So when I decided to move back up here, I just prayed it wouldn't be for long. Three years later, I gotta admit part of me is sad to go.

Now, Sacramento is absolutely a disaster. Anyone who has talked to me for five minutes has heard all my complaints: the traffic, the lack of freeways, the fucked up way the few freeways there are are named, the difficulty in getting from point A to point B, the abundance of ghetto areas, the timing of stoplights, the lack of good taco shops, the overrated state of food (especially sushi), and on and on.

But this time around, I met a whole host of kick ass people. People I consider friends. People who now have a free place to stay in San Diego. People who better come visit. Do you think I could have possibly made it for three years up here if not for you?

You know who are. You're not my "Sacramento" friends. You're my friends. Period. And I am going to miss your stupid faces.

At least until I shack up with some skank and drop you all like a bad habit.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14:00

    Good luck in SD, Jerry. I am sure you will kick ass...

    ReplyDelete