9.06.2011

awesome fest 5

So, this past weekend was Awesome Fest 5 in San Diego. I've been wanting to go to one of these shin digs for quite awhile now, but like clockwork, I've always had a scheduling conflict. Until this year.

So I took my old ass down to North Park Saturday and Sunday. By Monday, I was a wreck. Felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

Was it because of all the drinking? No, I don't drink.

The drugs? Nope. Caffeine is my only drug.

Oh, ok, it was all that moshing and dancing, right? Nah, those days are long past.

So what did I do to make me feel like this? Two things:

  1. I stood up for a long period of time. 
  2. I stayed out late. 

That's it. This is what my life has come to. Embarrassing. Had a good time though.

I recorded a lot of video, which I will be posting. My camera records awesome sound, but terrible video. Keep that in mind.

Oh, yeah, and I know I'm too old to be doing this shit. But the bands that I mainly went to see: Toys That Kill, The Bananas, Everready (who I missed, FUCK), and Scared Of Chaka, are all as old/older than me. So fuck off.

3 comments:

  1. my ankles are still recovering, and my voice didn't even make it onto the plane ride home. shit's on backorder.

    was great meeting you, glad you made it out, dude, and it sounds like you had as much fun as i did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please post anything by the bananas... even if the video quality sucks...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. slosha1302:35

    Did Everready actually play this year? I went last year and they never showed. They should get Rhythm Collision to reunite for next years fest!!!

    ReplyDelete