8.15.2012

the bananas at awesomefest 5 (complete set)

Well, like Vanessa Williams, I'm saving the best for last. The Bananas's complete show. One of the best times I've had at a show, and something I'll truly cherish forever.

This was my third time seeing the Bananas. First was in an empty pizza joint in Davis. Second was in a basement in Sacramento that was a lot of fun, but didn't touch this.

Now, some of my viewers/facebook friends might click on this out of curiousity and be all, like, "WTF? Dude can't sing, and can barely play the guitar!", to which i respond, "Yeah, and?"

But those of you who know, know. The best songs performed in the drunkest possible fashion. This was magical. By the time the 4 a.m./Nautical Rock N Roll closing medley ended, this dude was 39 going on 15.




On a side note, I sadly realized that I will be out of town for this year's Awesomefest, so shoot me a line if you want to buy my pass.

EDIT: Oops...almost forgot the set list:


1. Beginning Of The End
2. Don’t Touch That Thing
3. New Animals
4. Billy Reuben
5. Me and My Shadow
6. Feel Better
7. Sugar Bear
8. Radioaction
9. Adventures of the Incorrigible Jazzy Pants
10. A Slippery Subject
11. Revenge Fantasy #427
12. Peanut Butter Cups
13. 4 a.m. / Nautical Rock’n’Roll / 4 a.m.



1 comment: