7.12.2014

the kid goes crazy

Big shock - Hair Metal lyrics are among the ridiculous human contributions to the universe. But even among those low standards, sometimes I come across something that makes me go to sing365 and verify that the stupidity I just heard was correct.

It just happened. Sometimes I will revisit some of the albums that shaped my small-town metal youth. So on goes some Y&T. Contagious (1987) has ridiculous lyrics throughout, but one song is just the filet of ridiculous lyrics: "The Kid Goes Crazy".  And within that filet there is a sub-filet, a lyric that stopped me cold and demanded immediate blogging:
My hair is long
I got my red Reeboks on
Oh yeah, I'm lookin' pretty cool
Ok, you have long hair. That's pretty cool I guess. But, and maybe I'm getting old and don't remember a particular late 80's fashion fad, but red Reeboks? Was that a thing? That wasn't a thing, right? Unless you were a member of the Atlanta Hawks in the middle of a game or were Sammy Hagar, there's no way I would have ever seen someone with red Reeboks (or any other athletic shoe) and thought, "That dude? Yeah, he's lookin' pretty cool". You are Dave Menaketti:


You could have mentioned your sweet curls, your leather vest, or your leather pants. But you chose your red Reeboks. C'mon, man.



1 comment:

  1. Hair Metal lyrics are the are among the ridiculous contributions to the universe? With all the issues going on, even in 2014, and you believe the lyrics to songs are ridiculous? Wow, that's cool, everyone has an opinion but remember, opinions are like a s s h o l e s everyone has one, doesn't mean it's right. As far as your opinion, it reminds me of a catch phrase...you can polish a turd but it's still a turd!! Have a nice day ^_^

    ReplyDelete