4.23.2019

Pete's Comp: Kids In America (1997 Alphabet Record Company)

Pete's Comp: Kids In America (CD, Album, Compilation) album cover

  1. The Scandal All-Stars - Kids In America
  2. Agent 51 - Fight For Your Right
  3. Carter Peace Mission - Punk Rock Girl
  4. The Classified - Walk Like An Egyption [sic]
  5. Dodgeball - Gigantor
  6. Jon Cougar Concentration Camp - We're Not Gonna Take It
  7. Spazboy - Git The Time [sic]
  8. Swindle- I Got No
Pretty rare covers comp by late 90's San Diego punk bands. I'm 99.9999999%  positive The Scandal All-Stars were a one-off consisting of all the bands on the comp. Something similar happened on the Lump Of Coal comp under the name "Second String". They should have done a split!

You know JCCC, possibly Swindle, maaaaaybe Carter Peace Mission, but all these bands were local treasures. Dodgeball and Spazboy were two of my faves.

Jay Flounder tells me that "Pete" worked at Music Trader (local used music store), knew a bunch of the bands, conceptualized and helped get this out.

No option to buy. I was the only one on Discogs who had this, and a rad dude in Japan bought it, and now I realize I should have charged more.

DL

No comments:

Post a Comment