6.18.2007

Literally

Driving home from SF yesterday, I heard the word 'literally' misused not once, but twice, by tow different radio hosts.

The first guy, discussing the turmoil in Gaza and the West Bank, said that Palestinians are "literally eating their own".

Now I know the situation there is tragic, but I hightly doubt that Palestinians have resorted to cannibalism.

The second guy, discussing the NBA, say that during the draft, fans are "literally on pins and needles."

When the entire point of your job is to effectively communicate verbally, how do you keep your job when you misuse 'literally'?

Anyways, I was immediately reminded of David Cross' take on the subject. (Hit Play)

1 comment:

  1. I hate when people misuse words. LIke when people say, "I could care less!" Then why don't you idiot.

    ReplyDelete