6.02.2007

Chick Habit

Quentin Tarantino knows how to put a soundtrack together, and the soundtrack to Death Proof (his half of Grindhouse) is no exception. Great songs are everywhere in the movie. But when it ended, and the credits song played, my ears had an orgasm. The music was fantastic, then the voice- I know that voice! That's the girl from the Shitbirds! Quentin Tarantino used a Shitbirds song? No freaking way. So I waited to see who the song was credited to, and it didn't say the Shitbirds; it said April March. Who the hell is April March? But under her name it said Sympathy For The Record Industry, which was the Shitbirds label. So I was definitely onto something. A quick wikipedia search at home confirmed, April March did indeed sing for the Shitbirds, but has had quite a solo career which I was utterly unaware of.

Anyways, back to the song. It's one of the finest pop songs these ears have heard in the past 10 years. It's just fucking PERFECT. So I thought I would share it with all y'all, along with an old Shitbirds tune to boot.

(Click to play, right click - 'save as' to download)

April March - Chick Habit

The Shitbirds - You Said That

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Taratino makes great soundtracks.

    ReplyDelete