6.24.2007

Room for cream

I have a question. I don't necessarily hate Starbucks, but I do try to only go there if other options do not exist. To it's credit, Starbucks is consistent, and every 10 visits or so, I somehow end up with free coffee. And free stuff is the key to staying on my good side. To its detriment, it's, well, it's Starbucks. Why am I trying to justify my Starbucks patronage? Little defensive there, big guy. Anyways, when at Starbucks, my default order is a large iced coffee, unsweetened (I use Splenda) and no "room for cream", as I only use a slight dash of cream. Here is what that order looks like:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now, as you can see, that's pretty damn full. It can sometimes create some spillage when adding said Splenda and cream. So, last time I went in, when asked "room for cream?", I said yes. The result was this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So the question is, who the hell uses that much cream? I mean fer chrissakes that must be like 1/6th of the total volume. If they are going to leave that much room, shouldn't the proper question be "room for milk?"

No comments:

Post a Comment