4.06.2008

sunday rant

Somedays, it's better to not leave the house.

Today was one of those days.

My day was going fine. I got a lot of cleaning done. I finished a lot of unfinshed household tasks I'd been procrastinating about. I listened to the Padres game (they lost). All that stuff took me until 5 o'clock. I was kind of pround of my productive, yet relaxing day.

Then I left the house.

First stop, Costco. I notice that the Diet Dr. Pepper is now 32 cans for $8.99, instead of 36 cans for $8.69. Whatever, it's a rough economy, I get the whole less-for-more thing. But I can't wrap my head around the concept of a 32 pack. 6 - 12 - 24 - 36, right? I mention this to the Costco employee, not a complaint, more like a friendly observation. I am, after all, still in a good mood. He doesn't seem to get my confusion. His response is, with no sarcasm, "Yeah, 32 pack. It's double a 16 pack." Um, did I miss a memo? 16 pack? What the fuck is this guy talking about?

Okay, so that's not so bad. Just confusing.

Next stop, Target. Why are escalators so perplexing to people? When you get on an elevator, you stand to the right, so those who chose to climb the stairs can do so, right? Right? This is just common courtesy, yet no one seems to adhere to the unspoken rules. Am I wrong about this? Furthermore, once you get off the escalator, fucking move! There's an assembly line of people behind you that have no place to go but right into you. Finally, there is a right-of-way at Target. The bigger main aisles are like the freeways, and the smaller isles are like side streets. Let me illustrate. And before you start snickering, MS Paint with a touchpad is friggin hard. And yeah, I spelled "aisle" as "isle". I never claimed to be a genious on non-escalator related issues.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Therefore, when coming out of one of the smaller isles on to the main isle, you need to slow the hell down and make sure the coast is clear. And if you don't, and your dumb ass runs into me, don't wait for ME to apologize, because you will be waiting a long time.

Finally, had dinner with a friend in Hillcrest, which is the fabulous part of San Diego. After dinner, I was walking my friend back to her car when this guy walking by looks at us and says in an exasperated tone, "MORE straight people?!". When well this heterophobia end?

Okay so that wasn't irritating, it was just funny. Same with the Costco stuff. So basically, Target shoppers piss me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment