10.26.2008

what's the matter with nevada?

So SC and I took a quick overnight trip to Vegas. We just got into town, when at a stoplight, SC tells me that the guy behind us is heckling me. Oh, I should mention I have an Obama sticker on my car. That's kind of important to the story. Anywho, sure enough, the guy is yelling something to the effect of "If I had an Obama sticker, I'd have my windows rolled up, too." I'm not quite sure what that is supposed to mean, but I'm sure it was not a compliment. So, of course I rolled down my window and shouted, "Well it's down now, so I guess I'm not you." The discourse elevated from there:
Him: "He's gonna fuck everything up."


Me: "Yeah, cause things are going soooo great now." 


Him: "NO-BAMA!"
{I should mention here that my improv skills and insult capabilities leave a lot to be desired.)
Me: "Read a book."
Not exactly proud of my response there, but it is the first time I've ever been openly confronted about a bumper sticker. It was pretty odd, and SC was shaken for a moment. I chalked it up to an insecure dickhead, since Obama seems to be holding a lead in the typically Republican state.

So I get home tonight, log into my Google reader, and see this from Wonkette.



Yowza.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous19:50

    i call people like that trash monkeys.

    ReplyDelete