4.01.2010

the gain - quadroburbia (1994 brrapp)


Simi Valley pop-punk with some move overtones. I remember hearing that the drummer for this band was Messy Marvin (Ralphie from A Christmas Story). That was not true. The reality is that the drummer, the sanely named Corky Pigeon, was Freddy Lippencottleman from Silver Spoons. Corky > Freddy, But I guess Pigeon < Lippencottleman. So I call the battle of real v fictional names a tie. Poor guy. He was probably hoping to be cast as John Smith or something. Anyways he later played in Big In Japan.

I thought The Gain were gonna be huge. The Ready, Steady, Smash album was fucking great. But they kind of just disappeared, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of nostalgia for them.

  1. Ready, Steady, Smash
  2. All Right (Louder Than Pop)
  3. Been Away Now

myspace
last.fm 

DL 'QUADROBURBIA'

2 comments:

  1. their split with scared of chaka is to this day one of my favorite splits ever. "go today" is such a brilliant song.

    and their live 10 inch is great, too.

    the lack of appreciation for this band baffles.

    thanks for posting this one. i didn't even know about this record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've heard they were pretty fantastic live, but I never got a chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete