8.14.2018

Matt Frado Compilation (2008 Welfare Records)




A tribute album to Matt Frado, who at one point was in all of the bands here (+ many more that aren't on the comp). Until listening to this, I had no idea who Matt Frado was. But looking into it, he was a beloved musician in the Boston punk/hardcore/metal scene who played multiple instruments. The bands here run the gamut: death metal, black metal, thrash, punk, hardcore, and some sleaze rock. Unholy Goatfucker is the highlight here for me, but I found something to like about all the bands. This is quite a varied and rad musical legacy to leave behind at the age of 24. I didn't know ya, Matt, but R.I.P.

BTW, I initially bought this because one of the bands is called the Rocket Queens, and I remember that Craigums was in a GNR cover band of the same name. Well, this is obviously not that Rocket Queens, but if that RQ has any recorded output, please send my way. 
  1. Legions Of Hell - Storming The Gates
  2. Legions Of Hell - God Of War
  3. Legions Of Hell - Blades Of Light
  4. Brainrot - Brainwash Deteriorate
  5. Brainrot - I'm Not Growing Up
  6. Brainrot - Raped
  7. Burn Victim - Hoof Prints
  8. Solitary Neglect - Social Control
  9. Solitary Neglect - Silence
  10. Solitary Neglect - R.I.S.
  11. Speed Demon - Bury Me Standing
  12. Speed Demon - Perfect Crime
  13. Speed Demon - ?
  14. Unholy Goatfucker - Under The Banner Of The Beast
  15. Unholy Goatfucker - Pestilence Shall Reign
  16. Unholy Goatfucker - Sickle Of Desolation
  17. Pygmy Hippo Death Spurs - Another Round
  18. Rocket Queens - I Just Had To


No comments:

Post a Comment