2.14.2019

Man Dingo - All The Songs You've Always Hated (1995 Dr. Strange Records)




I love this band but they bug the shit out of me and if you have mp3 OCD, you know what I mean. Man Dingo? Mandingo? ManDingo? They use all three, and that's just not cool. Also, the name is what some might call (oh my favorite term!) "problematic", but these guys have always come across as decent people (even if they are from Arizona), so if anyone has a back story on the band name, please share.

This EP features covers of the Eagles, Huey Lewis & The News, and Van Halen. True to the title, none of these are obvious choices for covers. But it's still a fun listen.

Also, when is someone going to put out a remastered version of ifive? Great album with some of the worst production I've ever heard. Also, while I'm dissing Dr. Strange, the record says 45rpm, it's not, and the track order on the labels is all out of whack.
  1. Already Gone [The Eagles]
  2. Walking On A Thin Line [Huey Lewis & The News]
  3. Romeo Delight [Van Halen]
DL
Buy



No comments:

Post a Comment