4.19.2020

Jerry Tries to Remember Shows: Shlong, Part 1

I was driving a Plymouth Sundance. The show was somewhere in Fresno, but I can't remember where or when.  It was  not in a traditional venue.  In my memory, it was a high school cafeteria, but it was  more likely a community center of some sort. It had to be 1995 or 1996, since Punk Side Story had already come out. They didn't play anything from it, much to my disappointment, as it remains one of my favorite albums of the 90's. Stinkaholic, Fresno's (well, technically Oakhurst) closest thing to a popular pop-punk band at the time, opened. A bunch of their friends must have come to see them, because I remember there were more people at their set than Schlong's. A travesty. I remember Schlong was awesome, obviously. I don't remember anything else.

1 comment:

  1. My older brother lived in the warehouse district of Oakland in the 90's. He lived next to another warehouse that Schlong stayed in. I went to high School in Ventura and would occasionally come up to visit. I'd meet and discover all these great bands Schlong, Bobby Joe Ebola, more than I could list here. My brother could tell some crazy stories about drinking with Dave and Pat Mello. Hell, I could too, but, even twenty-odd years later, I don't want to incriminate myself or others.

    ReplyDelete