4.04.2020

Slow Burn


This blog did not start as an mp3 blog, but it mostly evolved to that. Why? Well, lots of reasons. Got married, had a kid, got a job where I kind of became more careful about my public social media presence (Sellout! I hear  you say, not incorrectly). But in these times, I need an outlet, and I don't want to bug my friends and family on other social media sites with every thought I have, so I'll bug you. Yes, there will still be music. But the price you must pay is to again have to wade through my other bullshit.

Gonna start with a recommendation on how to pass some time.  Slate's podcast, Slow Burn (Season 1) is a great look at Watergate. If you think you know everything about it, think again. A cast of wily characters I'd never heard of, first hand accounts, and all sorts of media from the time.  It has a lot of eerie parallels to today (including Roger Stone). This information has always been there, but I don't know that it's ever been compiled this well. Leon Neyfakh did a great job, and I don't know how else to say it, he's got a great voice. And even better, it's become a docu-series on Epix, so know you can see, not just hear, all this footage. And the cherry on top is that if you are a YoutubeTV subscriber (another recommendation, free for two weeks), Epix is free until April 25th. So you can binge for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment