4.14.2009

name that expletive

It's early in the season, but I already love Padres closer Heath Bell. I don't want to talk too much baseball lest I jinx the Pads, but here's what Bell had to say about ESPN's New York bias:
"I saw ESPN's promo for tonight's game. They mention the Mets are opening Citi Field, they mentioned the starting time, but nowhere did they mention the Padres. That gave me the (expletive)."
"I truly believe ESPN only cares about promoting the Red Sox and Yankees and Mets – and nobody else," said the closer, a former Met. "That's why I like the MLB Network, because they promote everybody. I'm really turned off by ESPN and 'Baseball Tonight.' When Jake Peavy threw 8 1/3 innings on Saturday, they showed one pitch in the third inning and that was it. It's all about the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets."
I agree with everything Bell says. But I am having a hell of a time figuring out what expletive fits in there. That gave me the shits (or as MM would say, the drizzlin' shits)? Nah. Besides being way TMI, that doesn't make sense. Why would he say that? So what did he say? I'm going through my mental curse word file, and nothing fits. Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment