12.17.2009

lebensreform - licht, luft, leben (1996 per koro)



This is German straightedge hardcore. Normally, those words make me think this is gonna blow. Not this time. This sucker rips. More in common with ugly hardcore like Fuckface and Artimus Pyle than any generic straightedge band. I cannot stress how much this surprised me when I first heard it. Rumor has it that that just might be the guitarist's actual blood constituting the X on the cover, but it looks like a marker to me. 

  1. Feel
  2. Für Dich!
  3. A Cry
  4. Prolog
  5. Cheesy
  6. Inner City


last.fm
myspace

DL 'LICHT LUFT LEBEN'

2 comments:

  1. this indeed seems to be marker... i cannot remember doing that one, but we did like 250 individual styled covers, 50 with blood, 250 with XXX and some more shit for the first pressing...
    blood one should look more like here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/LEBENSREFORM/64203046704?v=photos&ref=ts#/photo.php?pid=3248643&id=64203046704

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, man, there goes my eBay fortune.

    ReplyDelete