6.20.2005

"I Was Wrong"

So, the Terri Schiavo autopsy results are in, and they show that her brain was half as big as a normal brain, she was blind, and there was absolutely no hope for any sort of rehabilitation. So all the religious nuts, all the right wing politicians, and all the right wing cable news idiots who claimed she could be rehabilitated were wrong. Just plain wrong. There’s no disputing this. So why can’t they swallow their pride and just say “I was wrong?” Instead they are taking one of two paths, denying what they are on the record as saying or basically calling the doctors incompetent.
I’ve been wrong many times before and I’ll be wrong many times in the future. I’ll be the first to admit how humiliating it is when you are adamant and indignant about something and turn out to be wrong. But it happens. Admit you’re wrong and move on. Otherwise you just lose your credibility.
Oh wait, now it makes sense, the ones I’m talking about have no credibility to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment