8.08.2020

Maim That Tune #1

So, I've toyed with the idea of a podcast. Not because of lockdown COVID boredom. I'm stressed out with a backlog of things to do, hence the lack of updates. More as a form of expression, possible outside human connection. Possibly vanity. But then I listed to some old recordings of my college radio show, and jeeeeeesus that became a hell no real quick. For starters,  my voice. Vanity goes right out the window. Not a voice for radio/podcast!  I am way too self conscious to hear myself and my awkward jokes and asides and inability to find the right word at the right time But mostly, who gives a shit what I have to say? Like the world needs another random middle-aged white dude flapping his gums. 

So what I decided to do instead is just make playlists of stuff I've been listening to recently while working. And since a lot of it is not available on YouTube Music or Spotify, we gotta go old school with mp3 comps, which is consistent with the blog anyways. I will pay tribute to that lame college radio show by keeping the name: Maim That Tune. Cringe-inducing - that's my style. 

So here's number 1.  (Some names have been abbreviated to avoid possible problems)

  1. Dragibus - La Ronde Des Escargots
  2. Lack Of Interest - I Don't Care
  3. Dp Prpl - Spd Kng
  4. Rational Anthem - Lloyd Christmas
  5. Ed Hall - White House Girls
  6. Fluf - Peanut Butter
  7. Fastbacks - Book of Revelation [MTX]
  8. Scaphe - Mr. Stork
  9. Fitz Of Depression - Young & Free
  10. Extortion - Downward
  11. Rn Th Jwls - h My Drlng Dn't Cry
  12. Black Flag - Police Story
  13. Extremes - Ephemeral Living
  14. Hum - Iron Clad Lou
  15. Flashing Lights - Highschool
  16. Mr. Lf - Jglr Vn
  17. Putters - Muscle Car
  18. Boris The Sprinkler - Got the Time [J Jcksn]
  19. Dragons - I Don't Mind
  20. Tree - X- Communicated
  21. Slave State - Those Who Can, Do...
  22. Fat Day - Smudgeface
  23. Carnival In Coal - Fucking Hostile [Pntr]


No comments:

Post a Comment