5.02.2021

"Shut up and play er I mean post some music."

 Alright, things are about to get a little weird around here.

1. Over the past decade, opinion blogging mostly moved to Facebook, Twitter, etc., and I, for one, am feeling a little nostalgic for old school blogging. I don't like to admit it, but when I post to social media platforms, there's a certain level of conscious and unconscious self-censorship, as a part of me is concerned with how friends and family will react. Here, it's just me you, and no offense, but it's kind of easy to pretend you're not there (I see the stats). So I'll probably bring more of that stuff here, just to get out some of my frustrations, serious and serious, off my chest. Wading through it is the price you're gonna need to pay to get to the music (unless you're using those fancy new buttons over there ----->). 

2. So, I sell music on Discogs . It's a side hustle to get some money into my kid's 529c account. One of the surprising things I learned almost immediately is the appetite for CDs, a supposedly dead format. I sell 10x as many CDs as records. So I'm always on the lookout for rare/unknown CDs. When they sell, if it's something that looks interesting to me and it's not on slsk, I'll rip it. I have a large folder with those rips. It's not all good, it's not all punk, but it is all relatively hard to get. So I'll be going through that folder and posting things. There's still plenty of punk, but lot's of other stuff as well. And I'll still be posting whatever vinyl from my collection that I rip, provided it isn't easily available elsewhere (including slsk).  

No comments:

Post a Comment