7.08.2005

How safe do you feel now?

As today’s bombings sink in, I am getting more and more pissed. But I have a constructive idea: GO GET FUCKING OSAMA BIN LADEN! I don’t care if it pisses Pakistan off. I don’t care who it pisses off. The bullshit needs to stop NOW. We’ve known the general area Osama has been hiding in for YEARS and have done NOTHING. Wait, we have done some things. We invaded Iraq, who hadn’t done shit to us, shifting troops away from Afghanistan. Oh yeah, remember Afghanistan? We went to war with them and about 99.9% of us supported it. Then we abandoned them, sending most of our resources to Iraq, and guess what? Surprise, surprise, the Taliban is getting stronger and stronger. Way to go Georgie boy. Iraq is a mess which is now a training ground for terrorists, Afghanistan is backsliding back into chaos, Osama is still out there, and terrorist attacks are still occurring. Since 9/11 there have been major attacks in Bali, Madrid, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, and now London. You think we’re immune? Nine years passed between the 93 WTC bombing at the 9/11 attacks. So you tell me, what has this “war president” actually accomplished? Why are we not in the streets calling for his resignation? And why is the news covering runaway brides and shark attacks? I have no illusions that getting Osama would end terrorism, but right about now it would sate my bloodthirst and let me sleep a whole lot fucking better. To quote a lame hardcore band: Where's your anger? Where's your fucking rage?

No comments:

Post a Comment