7.19.2005

We Have A Nominee

The President has nominated John Roberts for the Supreme Court vacancy left by the retiremnet of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. I briefly checked out his background, and I can say that so far, he looks pretty damn conservative, which I don't like at all. But you know what? Bush won the election, and he should get to nominate whoever the fuck he wants. The job of the Democrats is now to oppose his nomination in Congress. That's the way the game is played. He'll probably be confirmed since Republicans control Congress. That's just the way our democracy is set up. Does it suck to be in the minority party? Yes, it certainly does. I dunno, I guess I'm just overloaded with the whining already coming from "my team". We should focus on regaining power so we make the decisions and the Republicans can be in the shitty spot of whing about those decisions. By the way, this winner take all crap is exactly why I wish we had a parliamentary system of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment