7.08.2005

I <3 England

Speaking of the British, over the past couple of years I have undergone a conversion. I used to despise England and anything British. I didn’t get their humor. Pictures of England just looked depressing and cold. The food sucked. They taxed us without representation.
Anyways, I don’t know what happened, but suddenly I get the humor and love it (I wish there were people here in America with the balls of Mark Thomas). Suddenly, I want to go to England. Fish and chips? Pretty damn good. And since we kicked their asses during the American Revolution (Thanks, France!), I’ll let the taxation thing go.
So, in response to the terrorists attacks, you are going to hear the phrase “We are all Brits today”. A couple of years ago, this would have left a bad taste in my mouth. Today, I say: Gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment