8.24.2008

and hold the sugar please

Via Yglesias, McCain gives John Kerry some advice in '04:
McCain said that he urged Kerry sometime ago not to talk about Vietnam during his campaign. "I did advise John. I said, 'Look, you shouldn't talk about Vietnam because everybody else will. Let everybody else do it.' His advisers figured that was probably not enough, that he had to emphasize that in his campaign. In my campaign, as you know, I didn't talk about it because I didn't need to."
McCain campaign on how many houses he owns:
"This is a guy who lived in one house for five and a half years -- in prison," referring to the prisoner of war camp that McCain was in during the Vietnam War.
and also
“I spent some years without a kitchen table, without a chair, and I know what it's like to be blessed by the opportunities of this great nation."
McCain on his musical tastes:
"I've got to say that a lot of my taste in music stopped about the time I impacted a surface-to-air missile with my own airplane and never caught up again."
(wha? Abba formed in 1972...anyways)

McCain campaign on being briefed on forum questions:
"The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous."
McCain on healthcare:
"I did have a period of time where I didn’t have very good healthcare, I had it from another government. "
McCain on Woodstock:
"Now my friends, I wasn't there. I'm sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event. I was tied up at the time,"

Now don't get me wrong, if I went through what McCain did and then ran for president, I would probably remind mofos of that every single day. But I wouldn't do it while at the same time saying that I don't do that sort of thing, or act as if was beneath me. Because, my friends, that would not be...

No comments:

Post a Comment