8.22.2011

grimple - get me out of my van i have no key phil (1992 homemade records)


So, we bought a house. Jesus, I move back to San Diego a single, jaded man ready to finally accept my destiny and live a meaningless life filled with meaningless relationships. Three years later, wife, baby, house. I guess all that's left is a dog? Where am I going with this? Oh yeah, we'll be packing shit up soon, so I gotta get cracking finishing up ripping and posting my records before w e move. Don't worry, I'll buy more once we get settled in,  Sorry for the lull.

From New Mexico via Oakland (or is it Oakland via New Mexico? They were in New Mexico and moved to Oakland. There.), Grimple was one of the best bands no one talks about. Raw as fuck, thick with attitude, yet under it all is a distinct sense of melody.

At the Recess Needle And Pins Festival (or was it Pins And Needles? Here we go a-fucking-gain.), festival at Mount Shasta in the mid-90's, the singer for Second Hand publicly offered top dollar for the Grimple full length. I had it, but kept my mouth shut. Though it's been reissued (as has this 7-inch) a few times, it remains one of my prized possessions.

  1. One More
  2. Rabie Punx
  3. Get A Grip
  4. Guess Who

1 comment: