6.23.2010

audacity

Digitize Your Analog Audio Collection with Audacity [Digitizing]

Audacity is what I've been using to rip vinyl. But, I'm ripping dirty old punk records, so I don't go into quite the detail they do. Basic steps for me are 1) rip vinyl, 2) use 'noise removal' and 'click removal' only when noise and clicks are obvious, and 3) normalize all tracks. The entire process takes less than forty minutes per record, and that's including properly tagging the mp3 files and scanning the artwork.

So basically, if you have a record player and some rare records that I want, snap to it.

4 comments:

  1. never before have i felt like a blog post was directed so much in my direction.

    i'm changing jobs here in a week or so, and will have more free time once i change. will keep you posted, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a record player & lots of records but I don't think my in & out chord will fit into the computer thing

    I have lots of J Church records maybe I can send you a tape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, you'd be correct.

    Karl, if your turtable has a pre-amp, all you need is one of these doohickies.

    http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Male-RCA-Cable/dp/B0002KR1OG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those doohickies & a pre-amp, I'm still very lost. Since I have temporarily quit drinking maybe I'll try to figure it out this week

    ReplyDelete