6.16.2010

los canadians - the kids are alroot (1996 starcrunch)


Los Canadians were obviously from Miami, FL. Mid-tempo punk, female vocals, excellent stuff. The tone of the guitar and the style of bass remind me a lot of the Descendents' "Bikage". Untitled track at the end, not mentioned anywhere in the liner notes or on the internet. Anyone know the name? Maybe it's a cover song I'm not recognizing? Sounds like it may be a Crackrock tune?
  1. Never Can
  2. Cornflakes
  3. Clarissa
  4. False Prophet
  5. EAB
  6. Forget Now
  7. Untitled
myspace 

DL 'ALROOT'

5 comments:

  1. anything good enough for iggy scam is good enough for me, Jerry. would love to see/hear some more from this amazing music scene.

    thanks for posting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit this band passed by with out my punk radar picking it up in the 90's but I dig it. This should have been on No Idea with Radon & Fay Wray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit that this did absolutely nothing for me when I first bought it. Amazing how much stuff I've loved after initially shunning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous16:35

    If memory serves me corect this was a sister band to Kreamy 'Lectric Santa?

    The name of this band and 7" still crack me up.

    I actually spent some time in that south Florida scene because I would visit relatives down there for months at a time yearly... weird mix of punk-pop (Crumbs, Basicks) and pure noise (Harry Pussy, Load) intermingling with one another.

    I haven't heard or thought of any of those bands for years, but I for one would love to hear that LP by The Mute-Ants where they moved away from pop-punk and embraced their teenage metalhead and created something that didn't quite work, but I remember liking. I remember when JCCC and Everready did the same thing (switched Screeching Weasel t-shirts for Motorhead ones).

    Any chance of posting that one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea. I've only ever heard of KLS because of Aesop and Cosmic Hearse. The Mutant Pop 7" is all I have of the Mute-Ants, but now I'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete