8.30.2010

the waterworld of white self-pity

Sometimes, I really like Hitchens.
What does it take to believe that Christianity is an endangered religion in America or that the name of Jesus is insufficiently spoken or appreciated? Who wakes up believing that there is no appreciation for our veterans and our armed forces and that without a noisy speech from Sarah Palin, their sacrifice would be scorned? It's not unfair to say that such grievances are purely and simply imaginary, which in turn leads one to ask what the real ones can be.
 

3 comments:

  1. I recently read a book by Hitchens when I got through reading it I had no idea what I just read... I do like watching interviews with him

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed feelings. Occasionally he writes something great, but foreigm policy-wise, he took a 180 after 9/11, and he's said some stupid shit since then. When discussing domestic politics, he's much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the guy rocks...!!!

    the best part is that whenever i get mad at him for his foreign policy after 9/11 (which i do) i watch him getting waterboarded on youtube...

    :p

    ReplyDelete