9.18.2010

smashburger


I've been planning to go the La Jolla Smashburger for a while, but never got around to it, because I kinda hate going to La Jolla. But they just opened a Mission Valley location so lucky me.

Burger was good. Simple burger, and not too big, both attributes I like in a burger. I opted for my favorite toppings, blue cheese and bacon. Good burger. I forgot to ask for it medium rare, so I have no idea if they honor such requests. But the best part of the meal was the fried pickles. Oh lord they were good. Weirdly, they started tasting like hot dogs toward the end. No idea what that was all about, probably my taste buds were overloaded. Man, they were good.

2 comments:

  1. I ate at my local Smashburger last week, and was honestly unimpressed. The burger was really greasy. First bite had a river of grease running down my chin. It's not that anything tasted bad, but I guess it didn't live up to the hype...or the price tag. $9 for their smallest burger with fries and a soda. On the plus side, they did have bottled beer & wine, but that too was a bit over priced.

    As I said, not bad, but overall unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'know, me and wifey went back, and I think I agree with you. Didn't dig the fries, burger way overcooked. Still liked the pickles though.

    ReplyDelete