8.10.2006

Me and Ned

Man, if I thought the left-wing focus on the Lamont-Leiberman race was annoying, the right-wing reaction to it’s aftermath is downright unbearable.

By their reaction, you’d think that Ned Lamont is now going to seize dictatorial control, single-handedly withdraw our troops from Iraq, raise everyone’s taxes, make Kos information secretary, introduce re-education camps, and form an alliance with Osama Bin Ladin. Because he’s the evil, sinister Ned Lamont. You know, this guy:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Dude, Ned Lamont makes Andy Griffith look like Vin Diesel. In fact, my major problem with Lamont was that he’s too wimpy and bland and predictible and failed to capture my imagination like Barack Obama. Yet, because the voters of Connecticut picked him over Leiberman in a democratic Democratic primary, the world is somehow now unsafer, and Al-Queda is emboldened. Now, for right-wing bloggers and columinists to say that sort of thing, well, I expect that. Par for the course. But the Vice-fucking-President? Here was Dick's totally sane analysis (I'm going do the ... thang for the sake of space, but I am in no way taking this out of context. The full transcript is at ThinkProgress):
And as I look at what happened yesterday, it strikes me that it’s a perhaps unfortunate and significant development from the standpoint of the Democratic Party...when they, in effect, purge a man like Joe Lieberman...especially over the issue of Joe’s support with respect to national efforts in the global war on terror.
The thing that’s partly disturbing about it is the fact that, the standpoint of our adversaries, if you will, in this conflict, and the al Qaeda types, they clearly are betting on the proposition that ultimately they can break the will of the American people in terms of our ability to stay in the fight and complete the task.
You have got to be shitting me. Your Vice President thinks that Osama Bin Ladin gives a flying fuck about a Democratic primary in Connecticut.

So what are these insane views on Iraq this loony left winger has:
Looking forward, I salute the patriotism and wisdom of Congressman Murtha and others who emphasize that “stay the course” is not a winning strategy for Iraq or America. Our best chance of success requires that the Iraqis take control of their own destiny. America should make clear that we have no designs upon their oil and no plans for permanent bases. While we will continue to provide logistical and training support as long as we are asked, our frontline military troops should begin to be redeployed and our troops should start heading home.


Man, what a Grade A whack job! Some might even say unhinged. Bringing soldiers home from an unpopular and unwinnable war? Fuck that! I mean, Christ, only like 60% of Americans agree with that crazy, wacky position. And everyone knows that 60% of Americans hate America.

The most disappointing part of this right-wing idiocy regarding Ned Lamont is that I thought with the primary over I could fucking stop hearing about it. But now I've been sucked into this ridiculousness.

If I wasn't a fervent Lamont backer before, I sure the hell am now.

1 comment:

  1. What's funny is that people are getting all ben out of shape and it was just the primary. Not even elected yet. I hope this dude wins...

    ReplyDelete