8.31.2009

mad men

I don't really understand the Mad Men audience. There were complaints that last week's episode was boring. Now, I'm reading that this week's episode was a "doozy" and possibly the best episode ever. Really? Was it really that much more exciting than last weeks? Has any week ever been noticeably more exciting than any other week.

Look, I like Mad Men. But as a whole, the show is boring. I would never tell anyone they simply must watch Mad Men. It's not that kind of show. It's not The Sopranos. It's not The Wire. It's not even Big Love. It's just a well-written, well acted, stylish, yet - admit it - kind of boring show. There's nothing wrong with that. I just find it funny that the reaction to two back-to-back episodes of Mad Men could vary so wildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment