12.02.2018

Electric Summer - Love Me Destroyer (2000 Soda Jerk Records)



I discovered Electric Summer during one of my late 90's Amoeba Records $1 CD section expeditions. It was their Shock album (maybe I'll post that if y'all like this), and I was immediately taken in by the nonsensical brilliance of songs like "Shock" and "Golden Dogs", plus I just have a soft spot for Japanese punk (although, as exchange students, they had moved to Denver at the time). I kind of forgot about them a few years later, and am only now realizing they continued to put out albums through 2009. So now I'm going back to see if the magic of Shock lasted past that album.

It did.

Longest song is 2:23, I have no idea what any of the songs are about, a little spastic, a little catchy, and a little NOFX-y at times, I love it. Hopefully you will too, because these guys should not be in dollar bins.

  1. Love Me Destroyer
  2. Life
  3. Blue Blanket
  4. Cold Fever
  5. Nothing But Me
  6. Hey Scissorman
  7. California Car, Colorado Car
  8. Kill You
  9. Time
  10. Let's Go Back To The Beautiful Beach
  11. Fruits Of Land
  12. Comic Books
  13. [Untitled]

No comments:

Post a Comment