12.03.2018

The Nimrods - Once Again Saving The World Takes A back Seat To A Good Beer (Dr. Dream Records)


A very overlooked album. The Nimrods are a legendary compilation band, with excellent contributions to many comps that get mentioned around here a lot (Back Asswards, Punk?). As far as I know, this is their only full length (not including a cassette with the same name but different songs. Any one have the scoop on that?). I think being on Doctor Dream killed this (as with the excellent Sacramento band Welt). When I think of Doctor Dream, I think of a particular type of L.A. punk, and this ain't that . This is a solid pop-punk album that probably would have gotten a lot more traction on a different label. "I.R.S." and "I Don't Really Care" are legit great songs that are in my personal pop-punk canon.
  1. I Feel Like Gettin' Drunk
  2. I.R.S.
  3. Disgruntled Joe
  4. Nobody Loves Me But Mom
  5. Walter
  6. Evil Genius (Plot To Rule The World)
  7. Last Night
  8. I Don't Really Care
  9. Sick Of You
  10. Val Needs Therapy
  11. No Reason For My Time
  12. Caught
DL
Buy at Discogs


No comments:

Post a Comment