5.20.2009

dillinger four - more songs about girlfriends and bubblegum (1997 mutant pop)

fuck the banks i`ve heard them say but then someone has to cash this check
a third goes to the government and then half goes down to rent
and then what`s left seems like a gift it nearly brings tears to these eyes
cause there`s folks in d.c. that sleep in satin sheets and say my value`s recognized

could this be the freedom that mother spoke of at home?
didn`t life guarantee me anything besides overtime for low-interest loans?
i want to tear this fucker down

Dillinger Four is my favorite active band (#2 all time, behind Hickey). They are just the perfect mix of everything - hooks, lyrics, humor, politics, sarcasm, intelligence, and punk rock. They get mislabeled as a pop-punk band all the time. Yeah, there's pop elements aplenty, but that label is just way too narrow. The best description I've heard came from someone in the Something Awful forums a few years back: Hardcore Pop.


Anyways, for my money, the best band around. And C I V I L W A R was the best album of 2008, but I may be a tad biased.

  1. Fuck You, Ms. Rochelle
  2. Thanks For Nothing
  3. An American Banned
  4. Twin Cities Sinners, United

MySpace
Last.fm

DOWNLOAD 'MORE SONGS ABOUT GIRLFRIENDS AND BUBBLEGUM'

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous09:42

    thank you so much. i lost my digital files of this and side b of my 7 inch (erics songs) skip. this made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird, my B side skips as well. I debated trying to fix with audacity and posting a different source. I went with a different source, and the bitrate isn't quite what I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting these songs! They are killer. Do you know where I can get a digital copy of the songs from the D4/Pinhead Gunpower split?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I posted the PG split. Check the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know this is old, but i was poking around looking for the D4/Strike split, and found this page. imagine that.

    this page:
    http://www.mutantpop.com/rexindex.html

    says that the sound is defective on some or all of these, and that's according the obsessive compulsive label dude.

    the more you know/whoosh.

    ReplyDelete