5.17.2009

oblivion / gods reflex - split ep (1997 johann's face)

 
Two Chicago bands on a Chicago label. Until I started posting 7 inches, I guess I didn't realize how influential the Chicago scene has been on me personally. Crazy how many great bands hail from the Windy City.
I love Oblivion, and consider them to be one of the more overlooked bands of the 90's. Pop punk done right. You should buy anything and everything they've put out.
Gods Reflex, I'm not so familiar with - I actually thought they were from Texas, but they do a form of late 90's emo-tinged punk that isn't nauseating at all. I associate them Texas band Sore Loser (who they sound a bit reminisent of) for some reason. I think they shared the same label. Arm's Reach or something. That may be the source of my confusion.
  1. O - The Day The Calvary Got Gum Cancer
  2. O - The Rock Game
  3. GR - I'm Not Sorry
  4. GR - One Down Ten To Go

2 comments:

  1. Gods Reflex were actually from a small town outside of Chicago and started on Johann's Face. They recently reunited and released a new album (which isn't as good as their two old ones, unfortunately).
    You are right about Oblivion. I grew up in the Chicago Punk scene and was lucky enough to get to see Oblivion play at the Fireside or Metro at least twice a month. They were one of the best live bands you could see from 1992-1997 ish. Thanks for posting this 7". It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this 7in. Anyone interested?
    how much is it worth?

    ReplyDelete