10.15.2009

the real mckenzies - fat club (2000 fat wreck chords)



The Real McKenzies are from Canada, but of Scottish heritage. They are also self-described as "Celtic punk rock", complete with bagpipes. I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to European history, so when I think "Celtic", I think "Irish" (I am wrong). But I think of bagpipes as a Scottish thing (wrong again). But if they were Scottish it would be the Real MacKenzies, not McKenzies (right, Mark? Wrong yet again). So basically I know nothing.

If it's not Scottish, it craaaaaaaaaaap. Or so I've been told.

  1. Another Round
  2. Loch Lomond

last.fm

myspace


DOWNLOAD 'FAT CLUB'

2 comments:

  1. i saw them on Burns night in Glasgow last year didn't go this year, was only a few day's ago i hate there whole act like your really Scottish thing. came to Glasgow and said Glesgay all night was like hey we're all from here and mate not once has someone called it that since something like 1700 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that aspect of it does bug me. Almost seems like KISS or Gwar playing dress up. Still dig the music though.

    ReplyDelete